The David Prize is accepting submissions for its 2023–2024 Open Call.
Effective Date: December 21, 2021.
Introduction and Overview.
If you have any questions, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
Information You Provide.
We collect information about you when you use the Service. The categories of information we collect include:
- Nominee Data. We collect information you provide when you nominate individuals for The David Prize, including the nominee’s first and last name and email address, and your email address.
- Newsletter and Contact Data. We collect other information you provide such as when you sign up for our newsletter or contact us with questions.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information Collected Automatically.
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Service. The categories of information we automatically collect include:
- Service Use Data, including but not limited to data about features of the Service you use, pages you visit, emails, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device’s operating software, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level).
The types of tracking technologies we use to automatically collect information include:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
Information from Other Sources.
We also collect information from other sources. The categories of sources from which we collect information include:
- Social media networks with which you interact.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
- Vendors and other parties, such as Submittable and Typeform, in connection with processing your submissions to The David Prize.
Use of Information.
- Operating and managing our Service.
- Performing services requested by you, such as responding to your comments, questions, and requests, and providing customer service.
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities.
- Improving the Service and other The David Prize websites, marketing/fundraising efforts, products and services.
- Developing and sending communications about our offers, events, and/or our services.
- Fulfilling any other purpose at your direction.
- With notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Sharing of Information.
- Service Providers. We share information with service providers that process information on our behalf. Service providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, website hosting, and technical support. We may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Vendors and Other Parties. We share information with vendors and other parties for analytics and related purposes. These parties may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on analytics, see the “Analytics ” section below.
- Affiliates. We share information with our affiliates and related entities in instances where they act as our service providers or for their own internal purposes.
- Other Foundations. We share information with other foundations, such as to facilitate connections between other foundations and individuals.
- Merger or Acquisition. We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of The David Prize to another entity.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or anyone else.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction.
- Consent. We share information with notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how users access and use the Service. As part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies into our own Service (including our website and emails).
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use on the Service and your rights and choices regarding analytics, please see the “Information Collected Automatically” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections.
Your Rights and Choices.
You may request access to the information that we have collected about you. You may also request that we delete information, or correct that information if it is inaccurate. However, please note that we will retain and use information about you as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you would like to make a request regarding your information please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Tracking Technology Choices.
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly..
Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Please note that if you opt out, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any opt out options or programs, or the accuracy of any other entities’ statements regarding their opt out options or programs.
E-mails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link, or emailing us at the email address set out in the “Contact Us” section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about servicing, or our ongoing business relations. Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
The Service is intended for general audiences, and is not directed at children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected personal information in violation of COPPA, contact us at email@example.com and we will remove the personal information in accordance with COPPA.
Shine the Light.
Customers who are residents of California may request (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise a request, please write us at the email or postal address set out in “Contact Us” above and specify that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
We implement and maintain reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: 45 Main St #12, Brooklyn, NY 11201